Job Ad – Chiropractor - Associate Position with a mentorship programme
Who We Are Looking For
Do you have a positive persona that makes clients look for any excuse to come back and see you? Are you a self-starter? Are you comfortable with picking up the phone to speak to past clients? Are you able to communicate with patients in such a way that they know what you’re doing for them? Are you able to connect and engage with people on a personal level (not just on a clinical skill level)? And do you have time for people over and above their allocated clinical sessions or that which you are being paid to give? Do you love to learn and are you committed to being part of a team that puts patients and not professional ego first? Are you flexible and open to change? Do you view the opportunity to learn as a privilege and not something that you should be paid to do?
If that’s you, then we want to hear from you. We are a leading chiropractic centre in Poole that is experiencing rapid growth and are looking for another A Player to join our team. We’ve grown from a one-person therapist to a 5 person team. Much of that growth has happened because of the incredible team and culture that has been created at the Life Balance by the team - and has allowed us to create a place that the team love to come to work to learn and grow – and a place that our clients look forward to coming back to time and time again. We have an incredible reputation in the town and now have an abundance of people ready and waiting for you to serve. As a result, we are now offering you an opportunity to help us to continue that growth and provide results and an experience for our clients that goes way beyond what is offered by most health care facilities. We believe whole-heartedly in on-going education and provide an immense amount of training, teaching and coaching and as well as having people from different parts of the country working with us, we’ve got lots of homegrown and very talented employees waiting to welcome you into our team. Demand for this role is expected to be high and we invite you to apply if you feel able to achieve the following tasks and have the relevant skills to do so. We know that real A Players love to be held accountable for high standards of performance which means the role will come with your own key objectives and critical driver standards that when consistently hit, will result in substantial benefits and privileges in the role that will be discussed at the interview should you be successful. www.lifebalancechiropractic.co.uk is the website of our centre for your inspection or come visit us.
In this role, you will work as part of an integrated team. You will be responsible for clients care throughout their journey from Initial consultation, Report of Findings, Adjustments, Progress Exams and Re-assessments. The full team includes a Practice Manager, another Chiropractor and two Client Experience Coordinators (CEC). The team works as a unit, communicating daily about our clients and delivering high-quality levels of care. Chiropractors and front of house are all targeted and incentivised which also creates a strong work ethic and team spirit. The system allows for a non-competitive, client-focused approach with a strong team of friendly faces which the client comes to recognise and trust as their primary care provider. Around the system are clear and effective procedures to ensure that clients are well looked after and their expectations are set and then met. The system helps increase the capacity of the centre, helping us to help others as we can see more people who need our love and support.
- Learn to engage, build trust and rapport with people in a way that makes them feel comfortable and cared for
- Develop your ‘clinical intuition’, connecting deeper with people’s needs and desires beyond their symptoms and/or conditions
- Fine-tune how you educate clients to understand their body, how it heals and where chiropractic can support them
- Learn to think on your feet by digging deeper into human psychology so that you’re always ready for any questions or concerns
- Learn how to increase the number of people that say “YES” to you and to Chiropractic in a calm, honest, fun and ethical way.
- Develop your responses to challenging people and situations, avoid complaints and keep yourself and the patient safe
Alongside the internal referrals that the centre receives, we use our dedicated marketing team (so you can just focus on clients!) to source new clients. Ensuring a consistent flow of new clients will allow you to develop your clinical skills exponentially as you come into contact with a wide variety of clients.
- Learn how to support people and their conditions (not just neuro-musculoskeletal!) such as failed surgery cases, digestive issues, TMJ issues, post-stroke, pregnancy, baby sleeping and feeding challenges.
- Develop specific assessment techniques to physically, functionally, neurologically and bio-mechanically evaluate a range of clients, including babies, pregnant women, children, athletes, geriatrics etc
- Learn further clinical tests (related to ascending and descending patterns of muscle inhibitions, balance, mobility & resistance) to capture a more complete picture of the client’s health and function, allowing you to predict outcomes and measure progress more effectively
- Gain knowledge of concise procedures/systems to allow for organised (and GCC compliant!) delivery of different recommendations and plans for clients.
- Receive support and training for best practice collaboration with other health care professionals such as face-to-face, talks, letter writing, note and calls.
You will be guided by a strong clinical set-up and systems/procedures which keep us strong and compliant with the GCC, legal and ASA (guidance in notes/documentation, letters, legal, justification process, communication and follow up)
- Progress your x-ray technique to allow you to get precise, accurate, constant and reliable diagnostic images
- Build your confidence in reading and analysing images for accurate interpretation. Use our DACBR to confirm and further learn from your findings.
- Further build your skills and confidence in integrating relevant imaging findings into the clinical findings and support the team to deliver specific care, advice and recommendations.
- Gain the support from a centre that has well established legal, medical, Health & Safety, Local rules, IRMER and IRR files systems/procedures to ensure an efficient yet safe and secure space for you and the client
- Be specific. Learn the technique and analysis skills that allow you to be as precise as possible. The more specific you are the less you will need to do/adjust with fewer side effects.
- Learn technique with a combination of in-house training with our other chiropractors and external seminars.
- Develop your dexterity, fluidity and ability to deliver the right amount of force to the area chosen. Increase your speed.
- Better manage the adjusting space beyond the adjustment: Table talk, communication., connection and patient handling.
- Further learn and develop your ability to adjust extremities, visceral tissue and cranials.
- Train in adjusting complicated cases ( post-surgical/fusion, Stenosis etc) or limited mobility patients.
Paid training, coaching & Mentoring
- Weekend immersive boot-camps off-site
- Online training platform
- One-to-one coaching and mentoring to develop skills, support your growth and help you to navigate challenges
- External seminars/training events to keep you up-to-date and fine-tuned in any area relevant to the clinic such as technique, protocols, paediatrics, communication, CPD and imaging.
- Clear manuals, integrated support team and clinic systems/procedures to allow you to focus on the client and their care, ensuring strong and compliant day-to-day running of the clinic space
- Supportive team environment within which you can develop areas which you feel need attention
- Be able to communicate with patients in such a way that they can understand why the suggested plan of care is the best solution to solve their problem
- Communicate with patients in a way that they can see value in the plan of care being put to them – in exchange for their time and money
- Willing and able to spot when a patient may be disillusioned or confused with their progress (and likely to drop offs)
- To be able to communicate in such a way that the patient can confidently say yes to a full plan of care
- To be able to engage with and connect with patients at a personal level that goes way beyond a clinical outcome
- Demonstrates an understanding of what the causes are – and solutions – that could lead to a patient dropping off the schedule
- Demonstrates a willingness to be held accountable for performance
- Ability to thrive in an environment where measurement is the driving force behind progress
- Communication and interpersonal skills - speak to the level of the patient
- Confident in delivery of adjustments to the spine, pelvis and extremities
- Ability to show empathy and work sensitively with a range of clients
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reliable, punctual, committed to supporting the team
- Passionate about health, Chiropractic, making a difference in people’s lives
- Honest and trustworthy
- Positive mindset and interested in growing as an individual
- Attention to detail
- Organised and committed to keeping up to date records
- Love of learning
- Pick-up on unspoken questions on/off the phone
- Appropriate Clinical Competencies
What we will do for you: BENEFITS/TRAINING: £16,000 benefits package
We pay throughout the duration of your employment:
- GCC registration fees
- BCA/UCA membership fees
- Training and development seminars/conferences (CPD)
- Locum cover (no need to pay for and stress about organising locums)
- Become a partner of the business and share in the benefits and profits.
- Have a greater say in how the business is run. (team council for ideas, complaints - to identify, discuss and solve issues)
- Provide you with ongoing training, skill development and support with the opportunity to develop and grow in a team that is value-driven and strongly encourages personality-based service
- Give you an amazing environment to work in that includes working with a team of wonderful and very supportive A players – as well as very friendly clients
- Competitive salary with a chance to earn even more as we grow as a result of your impact
- Clear, fair and detailed employment contract (no need to deal with accountants/tax returns!)
- 5.6 weeks’ paid annual leave
- Contribution to a Pension plan
Compensation/Salary: £28,000 p.a + £16,000 benefits package + BECOME A PARTNER OF THE BUSINESS.
Guaranteed base salary of £28k per year with addition of performance related bonus (%)